Story courtsey of the Asheville-Citizen Times
Markets listed without an opening date are open this week:
- Asheville City Market: 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, 161 S. Charlotte St. www.asapconnections.org
- Asheville City Market South: 1-5 p.m. Wednesdays, 2 Town Square Blvd., Biltmore Park Town Square. www.asapconnections.org
- Neighborhood Y at Woodfin Reynolds Mountain Winter Tailgate Market: 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturdays, through spring, The Lofts at Reynolds Village, Building 51.
- Black Mountain Tailgate Market: Saturdays, 9 a.m.-noon, opening May 4, 2013, behind the First Baptist Church in Black Mountain at 130 Montreat Road.
- East Asheville Tailgate Market: 3-6 p.m. Fridays, opening May 17, Groce United Methodist Church’s parking lot at the corner of Beverly and Tunnel roads.
- French Broad Food Co-op Market: 2-6 p.m. Wednesdays, 76 Biltmore Ave., in the parking lot next to the French Broad Food Co-op.
- Leicester Farmers Market: 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays, Leicester Landing Shopping Center, 338 Leicester Road, behind Zaxby’s. www.leicesterfarmersmarket.com
- Montford Tailgate Market: 2-6 p.m. Wednesdays, opening May 1, parking lot of the Asheville Visitors Center, 34 Montford Ave.
- North Asheville Tailgate Market: 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays, opening April 13. UNC Asheville Campus Commuter Lot C. Take Weaver Boulevard to campus entrance at traffic circle; market is first parking lot on right.
- Oakley Farmers Market: 3:30-6:30 p.m. Thursdays, opening May 9, 2013, 607 Fairview Road.
- Weaverville Tailgate Market: 2:30-6:30 p.m. Wednesdays, opening April 10. On the hill overlooking Lake Louise behind the Community Center on Weaverville Highway.
- West Asheville Tailgate Market: 3:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, opening April 9, 718 Haywood Road, in the parking area between the Grace Baptist Church and Sun Trust Bank.
- White Horse Farmers Market: 3-6 p.m. Wednesdays, through May 2. White Horse Black Mountain, 105 Montreat Road, Black Mountain.
- Bakersville Farmers Market: 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays, 101 Hemlock Drive, opening May 25.
- Flat Rock Tailgate Market: 3-6 p.m. Thursdays, 2720 Greenville Highway, opening May 2.
- Haywood’s Historic Farmers Market: 8 a.m.-noon Wednesdays &Saturdays at the Haywood Arts Regional Theatre parking lot, 250 Pigeon St., Waynesville, opening April 20.
- Henderson County Tailgate Market: 7 a.m.-noon, 100 N. King St., opening date to be determined.
- Jackson County Farmers Market: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, at the Community Table on Central Street, Sylva. Outdoor location: Railroad Ave., Sylva, opening in May.
- Madison County Farmers &Artisans Market: 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, corner of Park and Physical Plant drives, Mars Hill.
- Historic Marion Tailgate Market: Tuesdays 3-6 p.m. Tuesdays, 9 a.m.-noon Saturdays, West Henderson and Logan streets, opening May 14.
- Mills River Farmers Market: 8 a.m.-noon Saturdays, 5046 Boylston Highway, opening May 4.
- Spruce Pine Farmers Market: 2-5 p.m. Wednesdays, 297 Oak Ave., opening May 1.
- Transylvania Tailgate Market: 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturdays, 190 E. Main St., Brevard, opening April 20.
- Waynesville Tailgate Market: 8 a.m.-noon Wednesdays and Saturdays, 171 Legion Drive, Waynesville, opening May 15.
- Yancey County Farmers Market: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturdays, South Main Street, Burnsville, opening April 20.
WNC FARMERS MARKET – Retail shops open 8 a.m.-5 p.m. every day, Brevard Road at Interstate 40. www.wncfarmersmarket.org.