Congratulations! You’re a featured craft site on the Blue Ridge Craft Trails in Western North Carolina. Here are several ways to get the word out and make the most of being on the trail.
Top 10 Ways to Support the Blue Ridge Craft Trails
- Make it easy for visitors to find you. Have easy-to-read signage at your studio/place of business.
- Display your Blue Ridge Craft Trails window cling prominently. Clings are provided by the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area.
- Use the Blue Ridge Craft Trails logo on your website and promotional materials.
- You now have an online presence at BlueRidgeCraftTrails.com. Please share the link to your Blue Ridge Craft Trails profile with your clients and others, in addition to any online presence that you already have.
- Establish a reciprocal link to BlueRidgeCraftTrails.com. If you have one, we will have linked to your website already—your link back to BlueRidgeCraftTrails.com will strengthen our partnership and the whole program.
- Use social media to your advantage. “Like” the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area Facebook page (www.facebook.com/BlueRidgeNationalHeritageArea). Tag us in your posts @BlueRidgeNationalHeritageArea
- Answer phone calls and have a voicemail message if you’re unable to take calls. Mention that you are a site on the Blue Ridge Craft Trails in your voicemail message.
- Distribute the Blue Ridge Craft Trails brochures and rack cards, available from the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area.
- Get your events listed on BlueRidgeHeritage.com by submitting them to firstname.lastname@example.org and please send photos if you have them.
- Tell your clients that you are a part of the Blue Ridge Craft Trails. If you have a mailing list, let those recipients know that you’re a site on the Blue Ridge Craft Trails, too.
Use the Official Blue Ridge Craft Trails Logo
Place the Craft Trails logo on your website, emails and any promotional materials.
- Right click on the logo PDF link below to launch a pop-up menu.
- Select “Save image as.”
- Name the image and select a location in which to save it.
- Click Save. The image will be saved in the location you specified.
- Blue Ridge Craft Trails Logo Full Color
- Blue Ridge Craft Trails Logo Style Guide
- Blue Ridge Craft Trails Window Cling Artwork
Make the Most of Social Media
- Like Us! We encourage you to like the Blue Ridge National Heritage Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BlueRidgeNationalHeritageArea/ We’ll be sure to like your page and tag you whenever appropriate.
- Tag us on Facebook: @BlueRidgeNationalHeritageArea
How to Tag on Facebook:
- Begin a post or a comment on another post, photo, or video.
- Start typing Blue Ridge National Heritage Area and Facebook will make suggestions as you type.
- Even easier, type @BlueRidgeNationalHeritageArea. This lets Facebook know that you want to tag us in your post or comment.
- Tap the name of the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area when it appears.
- Tap Post. Your post or comment will be posted, and Blue Ridge National Heritage Area will receive a notification that you tagged them in a post.
- Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/blueridgeheritage. We’ll follow you back.
- Use #BlueRidgeCraftTrails in your craft-related posts
How to Get Listed on Google Maps
You’ll find Google Maps on your Blue Ridge Craft Trails profile on BlueRidgeCraftTrails.com — it helps people find you! It’s free to get listed on Google Maps. First, you need to have a My Google business account set up. You can call Google and let them walk you through it at 1-844-491-9665 or go to Google’s site online and walk through those steps.
Set up Voicemail as a Craft Site
Please have a voicemail set up for your phone number listed in the Blue Ridge Craft Trails itinerary (it’s online and in the printed brochure). Folks may call to check your availability before heading your way. Here’s a sample script:
Hello, you have reached _______. I am a craft site on the Blue Ridge Craft Trails and hope to see you soon! I am not able to take your call but please leave your name and number and I’ll call you back as soon as I can. (This would be a great place to mention your hours/days that you plan to be open, too.)
Keep Us Up to Date
If your contact information or anything related to your Blue Ridge Craft Trails online profile changes, please contact us immediately so that we can make updates and provide the most current information to visitors.
We’re Here to Help!
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 828-298-5330, ext. 308.