THIS WORKSHOP IS SOLD OUT. WE ARE TAKING A WAITING LIST AND CONSIDERING SHEDULING ANOTHER SESSION. PLEASE LET AMY KNOW IF YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED. THANK YOU!
Workshop: Those Valued Volunteers–How to Recruit, Inspire, Supervise and Keep Them!
- When: Thursday, April 12, 10 am to 1:30 pm.
- Where: NC Dept. of Cultural Resources building, 176 Riceville Road, Asheville, NC.
- Why: Training for Volunteer Coordinators, Executive Directors and others who work with volunteers.
- Cost: $20, which includes lunch.
Approximately $38 billion is said to be lost by nonprofits each year because volunteers don’t return. Often, organizations don’t realize or appreciate the monetary value of their volunteers’ service. Some don’t understand why people volunteer, and what motivates them to serve. Or the true cost to the organization’s image when a volunteer becomes disgruntled and leaves.
This workshop will address these issues and more, including:
- Defining the role of the volunteer and volunteer job descriptions.
- Communication between paid and volunteer staff.
- Establishing a standard for the volunteer program.
- The importance of volunteers in supporting the brand of an organization.
Workshop presenters include:
- Selena Kittrell, Director of Volunteer Services, Mission Hospital
- Jeff Futch, Regional Director, NC Dept. of Cultural Resources
- Jonathan Hettrick, Outreach Coordinator, Literacy Council
- Angie Chandler, Executive Director, Blue Ridge National Heritage Area