BRNHA to Host “The ABC’s of Group Tours”
Looking to increase your business by hosting group tours? Or wanting more information on how to be better prepared to receive groups? Then this is the workshop for you!
The Blue Ridge National Heritage Area Partnership is sponsoring a workshop, “The ABC’s of Group Tours,” in two locations to support our tourism partners who want to develop more group tour business.
- On Tuesday, November 6, the workshop will be held at Relia’s Restaurant on the campus of NOC in the Nantahala Gorge near Bryson City.
- On Wednesday, November 7, the workshop will be held at the Old Rock School in Valdese, NC.
Both workshops will be from 10 am to 1:30 pm and will be limited to 30 people. The cost is $20, which includes lunch. Reservations are required.
We have an exciting lineup of experienced group tour professionals, including:
- Kristi Driver, Group Tour Manager, NC Division of Tourism
- Pam Collins, Group Tour Manager, Flat Rock Playhouse
- Representatives from TDAs and attractions that have group tour experience.
- Angie Chandler, Executive Director, BRNHA.
Information will be provided on basics such as what constitutes a group, what is a FAM tour, the logistics of handling groups, resources and support offered through the state and the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area Partnership, tradeshows and associations, research about the group tour market, working with your Chamber or CVB, measuring the effectiveness of your group tour marketing, and much more.