General Description and Purpose:
The Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation (BRPF) is seeking a Director to develop, administer, and manage performance activities related to The Blue Ridge Music Center (BRMC) located on the Blue Ridge Parkway, at Milepost 213 near the North Carolina and Virginia state line. As a facility managed and directed by the National Park Service, a major venue on the Crooked Road, and linked to the Blue Ridge Music Trails of NC, the Blue Ridge Music Center operates through a formal partnership with The Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation (a non-profit who manages the performance programming at and related to the site). This position requires a proven ability to both articulate and realize a collaborative vision among multiple partners. Primary Responsibilities include: strategic planning, development and fundraising, program creation and oversight, volunteer management, administrative leadership and management, community partnership management, marketing and public relations.
The successful candidate for the position will have a commitment to and interest in traditional Appalachian music and culture, proven managerial skills and a strong emphasis on development and strategic planning. The candidate will demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to create a vision and the skills and motivation to execute that vision. Creative problem solving coupled with a proven collaborative track record will enable the candidate to operate successfully with multiple partners, communities, states and the National Park Service (NPS) to outline and realize mutual goals.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Developing and maintaining a cooperative working relationship with National Park Service personnel involved with the operation and development of the Center;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of a strategic plan focused on fiscal sustainability and maintaining a high-quality music program;
- Design and implementation of a development/fundraising plan for the BRMC in cooperation and consultation with the CEO and Chief Development Officer;
- Work with the Director of Administration regarding all administrative tracking including grants management, financial, contracting and program reporting;
- Conduct and manage all marketing and outreach for the BRMC;
- Oversee and conduct programming and related operations at the Center under the direction of the Foundation’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and in cooperation with the Foundation and Park staff including: planning and producing a weekly outdoor summer concert series, programming daily live musicians’ performances and conducting other special event and programs at the BRMC’s Music Interpretive Center;
- Conduct outreach and formation of partnerships necessary for the success of the BRMC;
- Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or as requested, reflecting activity, issues and funding for the Center programs;
- Serve as a liaison with key partners and staff including the NPS and BRPF;
- Represent the Foundation and the Music Center in a professional and appropriate manner;
- Develop, supervise and train a corps of Center volunteers;
- Work with the Director of Administration and the CEO to develop budgets for various Center-related concert and program activities;
- Other duties as assigned as a member of the BRPF.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or demonstrated equivalent experience;
- Five years’ experience in similar or related position;
- Excellent personal communication skills (written, verbal, and listening) are essential;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Adobe;
- Experience working with/for non-profit organizations;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Exhibit an enthusiasm for and knowledge of traditional roots music of the Blue Ridge Region;
- Proven fund development experience.
Reports to and is evaluated by the: Blue Ridge Parkway Foundation-CEO
Hours: Full time. Evening and weekend work required, especially during the summer concert series.
Salary & Benefits: Salary range $40,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience, plus health benefits.
This position is open until further notice, for additional information please email email@example.com.
All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.