Subscribe to eNews
The Blue Ridge National Heritage Area offers two distinctly different eNewsletters.
Blue Ridge Explorer (News for Visitors)
- '80s Weekend Rocks the Mountains
- On February 23-26, fans of all things 1980s will descend (or rather ascend) to Beech Mountain Resort and throughout the town for the Sixth Annual Totally '80s Retro Ski Weekend.
- Ever Done a Winter Hike?
- A new brochure, “Winter Hikes, Excellent Views,” offered by the Burke County Tourism Development Authority, features five unique winter hiking trails as well as cross-country skiing information.
- NC Mountains and Foothills Open for Visitation
- Despite recent wildfires in our region, the mountains and foothills of Western North Carolina offer thousands of square miles of scenic beauty, and winter views are often more breathtaking with no leaves obstructing the sights.