Subscribe to eNews
The Blue Ridge National Heritage Area offers two distinctly different eNewsletters.
Blue Ridge Explorer (News for Visitors)
- Tuning Up for Summer Music Fun
- As the weather warms up, our mountains and foothills come alive with the sounds of the fiddle, banjo, guitar, and other traditional musical instruments.
- National Park Service Turns 100!
- On August 25, 2016, the National Park Service turns 100! The Centennial will kick off a second century of stewardship of America’s national parks by engaging communities through recreation, conservation, and historic preservation programs, and will celebrate achievements of the past 100 years.
- Heritage in Action: Behind the Scenes
- Did you know that the Cherokee lived in many places in the Southern Appalachians? Cherokee historical sites abound in the western part of the Blue Ridge National Heritage Area.