February 2017 Events
- Bluegrass at the Rock, Old Rock School, Valdese. Lonesome River band. 7:30 pm.
- Al Petteway and Amy White in Concert, Ashe Civic Center, West Jefferson. 7:30 pm.
- Winter Tree ID Workshop, Craggy Mountain Wilderness Study Area, presented by the Southern Appalachian Office of the Wilderness Society, 10 am-5 pm. Email Michelle Ruigrok at email@example.com. Those who RSVP will receive additional information prior to the outing.
- Cherokee Heritage Day, Museum of the Cherokee Indian, Cherokee. 11 am-5 pm Hands-on activities, storytell, dance, and cultural demonstrations.
- Zoe and Cloyd Valentine's Concert, Black Mountain Center for the Arts, Black Mountain. 7 pm.
- Hot Rize, Dinner and a Show, J.E. Broyhill Civic Center, Lenolr. 7:30 pm.
- Bluegrass First Class, Crowne Plaza Resort, Asheville.
- Mac Arnold & Full Plate o' Blues, Peacock Performing Arts Center, Hayesville. 7 pm. The Peacock is bringing this old school Chicago Blues Band back to do it again. Mac honed his skills playing with Muddy Waters, B.B. King and Otis Reading. Adults $25; Students $15.
- Rhonda Vincent and The Rage, John W. Bardo Fine Arts Center, Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, 7:30 pm. World class musicians and an award-winning voice seamlessly set the stage for a breathtaking one-of-a-kind, must see performance that reaches beyond the boundaries of bluegrass music!
- MerleFest on the Road, Yadkin Cultural Arts Center, Yadkinville. Preview of 2017 MerleFest, with Jonathan Byrd & the Pickup Cowboys, Locust Honey, and Mark Bumgarner.